Recent Posts

Monday 10 November 2014

TRANSFERS

So Just a quick one today. (Always have so much to say and no time)

We finally got our transfer calls on saturday and as pridicted sister Eyers is off to Richfield (in the cold) I won't lie I have had a pretty perfect mission so far - weather wise. My new companion is Sister Massengale!!! Who was with me in the MTC. We were in the same Distict and were roommates so it was great! I am excited to be companions with her. We have shared the same areas and have been close to each other up until just recently. I am really excited! It is going to be great! I am sad to see sister Eyers leave we really got on great! And she is going to do so great in Richfeild even in the cold. We are having a 

This has been a tough week for numbers - everyone cancelled appointments this week. we finally got to see some of our investigators this weekend. 

Yesterday we spoke in one of the wards and it's funny I got all the luck with areas and weather. started my mission in the south and slowly moved my way north for the summer and have come back down for the winter and the totaly opposite happend for sister Eyers she started in the MTC in the dead of winter and got to go to St george (Washington and La Verkin) for the summer and now going up north for the winter haha. Its great. 

Anyway our talks were GREAT!!! totally by the spirit and we both had to speak for 20min each. WE spoke on some of the general conference talks I spoke on Elder Hales Talk: "Eternal Life: To know HEvenly father and Jesus Christ" This was such an eye opener to realize that THIS is such a fundamental doctrine to KNOW to gain Eternal life (God's life) That is also why we need to first teach - as missionaries - "God is our loving Heavenly Father" I love this gospel.

REad the talk here Read it. study it. as if you were going to present it to a class or FHE or something.

Have a great week. here are some fun pictures.



Snow in the Mountains! (from last week) Snow melted after 2 days. so No we don't go running anymore....

All My Best,

Sister Karen Hollander
Utah, St George Mission
881 South River Road
St. George Utah, 84790
United States

No comments:

Post a Comment