Recent Posts

Monday 13 January 2014

New Years Adventures!!!

Sorry that I did not email last week but we had a great day at the Temple and we ran out of time to email, since we went all the way to St George and went to wallmart as well since we had not been able to go for 2 weeks.

Happy new year!! We had such a great new years Eve and Day!!! New years eve we watched Dispicable me 1 with our district and then played with some frisbees and hit a pinata :D So much fun!

Best new years day EVER We were able to sleep over at the other sisters apartment and yes we were in bed all tucked in at 10 30!!! it was pretty cold Sister Chinen had to try keep the fire burning all night and not the most comfortable sleep but it was all worth it! Sister Waiane made us all breackfast:

 and then after studies we went up to the "Valley" to go hike with our distract... Well the boys were hungry so we got a bite to eat first and the Elders were so sweet they PAID for us!!! (Ok granted they had got the money ($20 each) the night before from a man who had bought them all dinner) But it was cool :D

Anyway we then went to try find a slot canyon... we baptized the new van in the "Crik" Or Creek... and we went till we got to a stage that the Van would NOT climb a steep icy muddy hill. I was surprised we were even able to walk up it without falling because of the mud. Anyway we had a good time! and eventually we though that we were not going to make it to the canyon cause we had no clue really where we were going. But through perseverance we MADE IT!!!!

and WOW the most beautiful place ever!!! (Pictures to follow) I absolutely loved it!! and it seemed like it never ended!!! it was crazy though because we had to climb ALOT it was a team/district building experience - luckily the elders are not really elders they are monkeys and pulled us sisters up some of the more complicated climbs but over time we were able tot do things on our own. But just as I though that adventure could not get more exciting as I was taking the lead I almost stood ona dead DEER!!!! AHHHHH I freaked out - but not as bad as Sister Chinen - that was the biggest obstacle to get over. it was so much fun though!! I would do it again in a heatbeat!!! But the Trek home was what was the real adventure we decided to follow the wash... but we were goin the oposite direction of where the cars were at, eventually we got going in the right direction and had to SLIDE down a hill of snow to get to the bottom!! SOOOOOO MUCH OF FUN - Bum Sliding!!! (People find it funny that I say bum... lol I love it)

Anyway We then watched Toy story 2 and Dispicable me 2 SO MUCH FUN! I love my district!

Anyway The Temple was quite an experience as I was able to go to the top of the temple as the sisters are friends with the security guards and we were on the last session and it was so good.

Oh and my camera is only half functional atm after our adventures cause my bag got full of fine sand and so did my camera and I can hear it grating when it decides to open and close.

WEll spiritual thought. As I was reading in 1 Ne 17 this morning    I came accross verse
And thus we see that the commandments of God must be fulfilled. And if it so be that the children of men keep the commandments of God he doth nourish them, and astrengthen them, and provide means whereby they can accomplish the thing which he has commanded them; wherefore, he did bprovide means for us while we did sojourn in the wilderness.

I love how Heavenly Father will provide a way for us to keep the commandments, he also promises to strengthen us - I would think that is a physical and spiritual strength.

Another Quote:

"Our destiny is... determined... by the number of times we rise up, dust ourselves off, and  move forward." - Pres Uchtdorf -

Did not know how much I really needed that quote till I typed it out now. Hope you all can use it and study the General Conference talks. They really can help us.

This week we went to visit a former investigator and it was amazing! we were able to go with one of the doctors in Kanabs wives and she was a celebraty in that house. The mom is in active and she said she would come to church yesterday... she didn't but it was quite an experience anyway.

But another of our investigators DID go to church and I am sooooo excited for her and her husband!!!

Thank you for all the letters of encouragement and support. sorry I am not able to reply to them all. One day I will get to it. I have gone over time now already.

All My Best,

Sister Karen Hollander
St. George, Utah Mission
107S. 1470E. Suite 304
St. George Utah 84790
United States


No comments:

Post a Comment